If you’ve been around here for a while, then you likely know that I LOVE spreadsheets. I took an Excel class as an elective in college (wow-nerd alert!) and it was possibly the single best class I could have taken to really set me apart from my peers in the accounting field. And, it made my job so much easier knowing all the tricks and tools.
However, it can be daunting to use if you aren’t familiar with the basic functions but want to follow along and create your financial plan in the classes I’ve shared or any other amazing spreadsheet resources that can be found on the web.
I created a quick 17-minute video to explain some of the basic things you need to know to get started. It’s my first video, so it’s not perfect but I hope it will be helpful if you’re not sure where to begin!
Included in this video are the following topics:
- Introduction to workbooks
- How to use multiple worksheets
- Editing rows, columns & cells
- Formatting rows, columns, cells as well as entire worksheets
- Creating basic formulas such as sum, average and count
- Other miscellaneous helpful tips
If you already have a good working knowledge of Excel, this is probably one that you can skip. Otherwise, here it is!